So today was a fun day. I just wanted to stay in my jammies all day, being lazy with my girls. Of course, they think differently than me. So we kissed Rob goodbye as he left for work and went to play outside. Then something terrible happened. Kadence wanted to ride her bike down the street, so I pulled Karlie in her wagon....and a dog followed us home. He wasn't very big, but Perrito (the newest addition to our family - a Jack Russell Terrier / Shih Tzu) was MAD. He bark and pulled at his leash; he really wanted to get that dog. The other dog was so nice though. He just wandered around the yard, but when he went on the porch, Roxy got mad. I mean REALLY MAD. She's barked at strangers and stray dogs before, but never gotten this mad. She wiggled off her collar and attacked the other dog. She was biting him and throwing him around like a little rag doll. She's a beast - super strong - so here I was, looking like an idiot, wrestling with her trying to get her away from the other dog. She took me to the ground three times before I came out victorious and chained her up. By this time, the girls were totally freaked out and I was covered in sweaty mud. Fun times!
So after we all took a shower and ate lunch, I hoped our afternoon would be much less eventful; however, at one o'clock I got a phone call to be at an interview at 3. Yes, a job interview. It is with a heavy heart and tears in my eyes that I now type about this. For the past few years, I've wanted to open a home daycare, and I've had a couple families come and go (mainly go without paying me....GGRRRR! Note to self: Stop letting people take advantage of your kind-heartedness). For the past 6 months, I've been putting ads in the papers, putting flyers up in stores and on telephone, trying to spread it by word of mouth, but we live either too far out of the way or people simply don't want to pay. I mean, does someone REALLY take care of two toddlers from 7 am til 6 pm for $60 a week?! I might be crazy at times, but I'm not that crazy (or stupid). So anyway, I'd still love to stay home with my girls and take care of other kids too, but if the second part doesn't work out and the first part doesn't pay, then I must get a job. I've enjoyed my 3 years of staying at home with my girls and I don't want to leave them :( But I'll leave all that for later. Getting back to the job interview...on Tuesday morning I applied for 11 jobs online and didn't expect to hear back from any of them, because who really wants to hire someone who hasn't been working for the past 3 years and their reason for leaving their previous job was to start a family?! Well Tuesday afternoon I got an email stating that I had 24 hours to complete a telephone interview for a Teller position with Wells Fargo. That went well, so Thursday morning I had a 4 hour long group interview. I must say that I was completely nervous, didn't eat breakfast, nearly threw up when I walked in, and almost left when everyone starting talking about all of their sales experience, because Wells Fargo requires sales experience for their tellers, and although I could sugar coat some of my previous employment experience, really I have ZERO sales experience, unless you count Robert telling me all about HIS sales experiences. (HOW'S THAT FOR RUN-ON SENTENCE?!?!) Back on topic...so I had 2 hours to fix my hair, put my face on, get my girls to Rob's aunt's house, and fight Fiesta Friday traffic to get to the interview. The interview went fabulously. As I told Rob in a text message when he wished me good luck: Who needs luck when you got skills?! Although I got a good vibe from the manager that interviewed me, I was left confused because he thought a Wachovia should have interviewed me. He explained that if I was hired, I would start working at Wachovia, and then after the merger is complete, I'd be a Wells Fargo employee. I was really dreading having another interview and was waiting for the HR lady to call me to schedule it.
Here comes the next monumental event of the day: I went grocery shopping with two kids wearing high heels. That is a first and a last for me. Two hours after the interview, my kids are screaming for donuts in HEB, my feet are achin', and I get a phone from the HR lady - I got the job! So now, I just have to figure out how to not cry every 15 minutes because I know my days spending every waking hour watching my beautiful babies smile and listening to their sweet voices are numbered.
Oh boy, must stop now or my tears might fry my laptop.
No comments:
Post a Comment