Wow, it's been a long time since I've blogged. Every afternoon I tell myself "Today is the day I start blogging again." But after dinner, then our family walk, then bathtime, storytime, and cleaning I want nothing more to sleep, but then there's still a couple hours of homework to do. I could have blogged about lots of interesting things (to me anyway...and the only other person would probably be my mom!) like our battle with Swine Flu, buying our first house, starting a complete make-over on the house, RSV, pneumonia, bronchitis and hospitalization, the holidays, the 4th Anniversary of my 21st birthday....lots of fun things. But my bed is so much more comfy than the computer chair. I'm sure nobody has missed my blog, but keeping a diary was always therapeutic for me and since I haven't done that since junior high, I feel like I need to keep up with this now.
Four years ago today I married my best friend.
Four years ago today I married my best friend.
Robert used to always laugh when I called him that, but it's true. I don't keep secrets from him. He knows me better than anyone else. Even if he doesn't want to go get a pedicure with me, he's still my best friend.
He has a way of calming me down no matter what's wrong. When I'm acting all psycho and trying to pick fights with him, he just lets me yell whatever I want at him. Then he smiles. Then I realize how stupid I sound, and apologize.
I love how he makes me feel all safe, not only in the dark of night, but safe in knowing that he's going to take care of us.
I love how our little girls have him wrapped around their tiny fingers.
I love how he can't wait to get home from work to see them.
I love how he calls a sandwich a sangwich.
And even though it pisses me off sometimes, I love how he's always right.
I've heard that a girl marries a man like her dad, and I've always made a connection between my dad and Robert. They both stay cool, calm, and collected in the toughest of situations. It's hard to stay mad at them. They're both pretty funny, good handymen (when you can get them away from the tv!), and well...they both love good cooks.
I won't say that I can't wait til we're celebrating our 40th together, because I can wait. Grey hair and wrinkles are not things I'm looking forward too, but at least we'll be grey and wrinkly together ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment