Wow, this week was rough. Ok, this week was awfully rough. I knew going into this that it wasn't going to be easy for any of us. My girls would have to get used to waking up early and being away from the comfort of their home, Bram and Greta would have to get used to me and not having their mama. I had expected the worst. And I got the worst.
For three days all Baby Greta did was cry, scratch that, SCREAM unless I was standing up rockin' back and forth. She's a moose! (My back, neck, and feet killed me every night this week. Thank the Lord for Burt's Bees peppermint foot lotion and a hubby that loves me and rubs my back when I get cranky.) AND she didn't eat, anything at all, from 7 am til 3 pm. No bottle. No baby food. Nothing. Poor baby. I know she had to be starving all day, but she just had a really hard time adjusting to me. Mama would come home and Baby Greta would take a bottle from her, which I think is just crazy because Mama has the real stuff!
Bram turned from the sweet, loving little guy into this runnin' and screamin', toy throwin' wild man. I had never, in the two years I've cared for Bram, seen him misbehave. I know he's a toddler and he's supposed to see how far he can push the limits, and boy did he. I am thankful that he didn't break a window or someone's nose. He can seriously throw that hard, and he throws EVERYTHING. Big, chunky wooden toys, books, cars, glasses full of banana shake. I can say that he was a terror, but it is completely understandable, because it's a big change from having Mama all day everyday to having to share your house and toys with two other kids and no Mama. I know he'll be back to his sweet lil self soon.
I knew that it would be hard for my girls to wake up early, not have their beds for their naps, and most of all for Kadence to share and Karlie not to be jealous of me holding Greta. Kadence had her moments, but for the most part she was pretty wellbehaved. She only bit Bram once and although she left deep teethmarks, it didn't bruise. I thought we were over the biting stage, but Kadence HATES sharing toys and Bram swiped one of her toys and before I could stop her, she got a good taste of him. She would not take a nap, which I totally expected. She's never been good at sleeping anywhere other than her bed (or mine). The hardest part was that she'd fall asleep in the car on the way home and whether I tried to keep her asleep and put her in her bed or wake her up before we pulled in the driveway, all she would do is scream for 30 minutes after we got home. Poor girl needed some rest, but just wouldn't give up. Bribes with money for the icecream man, telling her she could watch tv in my bed, even her favorite snack wouldn't stop the crying. She just cried, and screamed, and cried, and screamed until she decided that it was enough and then she was fine.
My sweet little Karlie was the best one of all! I thought that she would cry all day, and want to be stuck to my hip, but surprisingly she loved it. She loved all the different toys and books and especially the Bumbo. Neither of my girls had one, but Karlie sure loved it! She would spend almost the entire day climbing in and out of it. The rest of the day she'd spend giving me big, slobbery kisses. ♥
One good thing about being so exhausted at the end of the day is that I fall asleep before my head hits the pillow. Gone are the days of not being able to sleep!
I am really going to enjoy the weekend at home with nothing to do....expect the laundry that's piled up all week, and cleaning the playroom because I just let the girls destroy it everyday after we got home, and start on some assignments for school. Ok, maybe not so enjoyable!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment