I just want to scream. Or puke. Or throw a fit. Or curl up in a ball in the corner and cry. Today is Sunday. That means tomorrow is a new week. That means ALOT of changes, and my daughters do not adjust well to changes.
Next week I'm going to start nannying again, which is a YAY! because I LOVE the family, but it's an UGH! because it means I have to be out the door at 6:45 AM. Yes, 6:45 AM with the girls, their bag, breakfast and lunch for us, and Rob's clothes have to be ironed and ready for him, and I AM FREAKING OUT....to say the least. I can handle being up that early when I'm able to lounge around in my pj's til lunchtime. But now, I actually have to look like a live human being when I leave the house. Luckily, it's not a job. I know I can show up with my hair all a mess and it'll be ok.
I know it will be rough for the first few weeks, because Karlie will have to get used to napping in her Pack n Play, Kadence will have to learn to be nice and share with Bram all over again, Bram will have to learn the same, and Greta....oh baby Greta is going to have to learn to take a bottle from me. I've babysat them a few times this summer and it all went great....until Karlie was tired and wanted to nurse, and Greta refused her bottle, and Kadence had to go potty, and Bram was throwing toys at the babies all at the same time. Somehow though, it all worked out and I left with my sanity intact, Karlie wasn't a total crab, Kadence hadn't bitten anyone, Greta didn't starve, and Bram didn't break any noses...or windows :)
It will be good though. Kadence needs to have some interaction with a child her age, and since Mom is a brainy college instructor and Dad is just plain brainy, Bram is a great influence for Kadence, because his parents have spent alot of time on learning activities with him. I know she'll learn alot from him and vice versa. Bram loves Karlie and Karlie loves the attention. I hope that by having a new playmate, she might not be so clingy to me and will venture to the other side of the room on her own. And sweet little Greta. Still too little to really do much, but maybe being around a tiny baby will help me get over this TERRIBLE case of baby fever I've had lately. Oh yes, and the extra cash won't be bad.
Please pray for me. Please pray for God to give me a little bit more patience than most days. Please pray that I am able to give all of the kids the love and attention that they all deserve.
Maybe what I'm most nervous about is that I won't be in the comfort of my home. I won't be able to wash last night's dirty dishes while the girls are napping, or pay bills, or go shopping whenever I want, or bake, or (I will admit) check Facebook every 5 minutes ;) Maybe I am scared of change.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment