August 2, 2008 was probably one of the happiest days of my life. That was the day that Karlie FINALLY got to come home from the hospital. She was still so tiny, barely weighed 5 pounds, and eventhough I knew I would take wonderful care of her, I was scared to death. Scared to sleep, scared to take my eyes off of her, scared that she'd stop breathing.....just plain scared. I didn't sleep for the first week. I just had to watch her breath every moment, eventhough I knew she had been breathing on her own for over six weeks. I wouldn't change the sleepless nights though....okay well maybe I would change the sleepless nights we're having NOW. Ugh, I am so exhausted from waking up every 3-4 hours. I definitely need to do some sleep training with Karlie, but it's just so easy to nurse her or rock her back to sleep.
So anyway, today we celebrated Karlie's homecoming anniversary by having fun at the Kemah Boardwalk. We started out with dinner at Saltgrass and I ate so much that I was sure I couldn't get on a rollercoaster. After a few kiddie rides, Rob and I left the girls to ride with my mom and we went to have some fun. It's been sooooooooooooo long since I've ridden a rollercoaster and I LOVE rollercoasters! I felt like such a kid again! I am very proud to say that on the Boardwalk Bullet (a VERY loud and rough wooden coaster) Rob and I held our hands in the air the entire time....I have bruises all over my hips and legs to prove it. Ouch! It was soooo fun.
Now, Rob, my dad, my mom, and Kadence are out fishing, Karlie's crashed out, Julie's in California, and Emily's outside on the phone WITH A BOY! WHAT?! She's still supposed to be my Emmy-Who Tiny Baby...not talking on the phone to a hairy legged boy! I'm left in the quiet to think and I'm starting to think way too much. I can't believe how fast my baby sisters have grown up. It makes me realize how fast my babies are growing and it freaks me out! I love my babies being babies, and I'm so not ready for them to start backtalking and liking boys, so I'm just going to have to enjoy them a little extra tomorrow. ♥
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment