Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Karlie

My sweet little Karlie,

I cannot believe that you're already 1 year old. The past year was a whirlwind and it seems to have just flown by. Your birth is still fresh in my mind, and I praise God for how far you've come everyday. You are truly a miracle baby, my miracle baby.

Your first six months of life were the toughest six months of mine. There were some days that I didn't think I could get out of bed. Some days I just wanted to cry all day. Some days I felt so helpless that I hated myself. But one thought about you and how strong you were was enough to get me going. You are still a fighter and you give me strength everyday.

Watching you grow from the tiny 1 pound, 14 ounces you were at birth, impressing the doctors with your health every step of the way, the many long days and nights in the NICU, feeling forever stuck to that breastpump that I have happily retired, to bringing you home scared to sleep because I didn't want to take my eyes off of you, life in our house has changed dramatically. I love the way you smile at me in the middle of the night while bouncing in your crib with an insane amount of energy. I love the way you watch Kadence's every move, so ready to get up and take on the world on your own. I love the way you scream "Dada dada dada!" out of excitement when he walks into the room (we'll work on the Mama later) I love your screechy cry. I love everything that is Karlie.

I'm so excited to celebrate your 1st Birthday and am even more excited about how much love and happiness the future holds.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment