Ah, my first blog. Seems like everyone blogs these days, so I thought I'd give it a try. I won't be giving up my journal hidden in my panties drawer anytime soon, but this might be fun.
Should I introduce myself first? I grew up in "The Land of Nothing." That's the Texas panhandle. My graduating class had 26 kids in it. The closest mall was 80 miles. When I got an MIP, my grandparents heard it on the police scanner and called my parents before I got home. We dragged Main Street every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at the top speed of 20 mph or else the 1 cop would ticket you in a heartbeat. I can't complain too much though. I miss my small town life sometimes. No traffic. The tellers at the bank know your name and look up your account before you get to the counter. When something bad happens, all your friends show up before you call them. So after I graduated highschool in two-thousand-nevermind, I moved to Fort Worth and met the man that still gives me butterflies when we kiss. Now I'm living it up in San Antonio. The food. The nightlife. The culture. I love it here. I live just outside of the city, so I can still see the stars at night. I have two lovely, well-behaved daughters (HA!). #1 is a two-and-a-half-year-old smarty pants that loves to be outside and oh-so adventurous. She's a Daddy's Girl for sure, but when she tells me "Love you more than the world Momma" it just makes my day. #2 is my miracle baby, which is a story for another day. She's 11 months, and just the sweetest little thing ever. She has a toothless grin that goes from ear to ear, eyelashes longer than mine, and just melts my heart every moment of the day. DH works hard so that I can stay at home with my monkeys.
Today has been rough so far. DH went back to work today after 5 days of vacation. 5 funfilled days at the coast, fishing, flying kites, being lazy, catching up on laundry, and tackling the neverending "to-do list." But now, the carefree days are over. It's 4:35 in the afternoon, I haven't eaten all day, #2's been napping for about an hour and #1 just fell asleep in her panties in my bed. (I really hope she doesn't have an accident!) So rather than attacking that pile of dirty dishes in the sink or organizing the playroom, I'm going to sit on my bum and watch the end of Oprah.
Oh, Oprah. You just love controversy, and I admit today's episode is pretty interesting. Madeleine McCann's parents are discussing the search for their daughter. Hmmmm.....they wouldn't have to be searching for their daughter if they wouldn't have left their children alone, right? I just can't wrap my mind around why they would leave their kids in the hotel room to go have dinner, even if they were only 130 yards away. 130 yards? I don't even walk across the street to check the mail when my girls are napping. Maybe I should read all of the evidence before I come to a conclusion, but I say their guilty. Guilty of neglect. I think their other 2 children should be taken away from them. But who am I to pass judgement? I'll just love on my lil monkeys even more after watching this garbage.
Now it's 5. Time to start dinner. Take out is sounding really good right now, but those bolillos, zucchini, and mushrooms are gonna go bad if I don't use them today. Ah, joy. More dirty dishes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So glad you're blogging now! It's totally addicting!
ReplyDeleteI miss the small town life sometimes, but after living so close to a big city I can't ever imagine going back. I'm way too used to having everything at my fingertips.